Hi!. This one will be short. I should have created routing to my server from internet over OpenVPN. Problem was not with forwarding on itself, you can find a lot of tutorials on internet and basicaly you just need to follow them. Problem for me was that i have my server in clients network.
What you have to do on client?
/etc/default/ufwand change forward policy to ACCEPT,
etc/ufw/before.rulesand add following code
# NAT table rules *nat :POSTROUTING ACCEPT [0:0] # Allow traffic from OpenVPN client to eth0 (change to the interface you discovered!) # Add all interfaces you have on server -A POSTROUTING -s 10.8.0.0/8 -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE COMMIT # END OPENVPN RULES
This allowing traffic from OpenVPN to eth0. If you have more interfaces which you want to allow just copy
-A POSTROUTING -s 10.8.0.0/8 -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE and change interface name. Do not forget to change IP address ow your OpenVPN network. (It’s addres which is created betwen server and clients).
This is all for client.
What you have to do on server?
Following tweaks has to be added to main server configuration file
- Push route of any server-side networks you want to have accessibile trought the VPN.
push "route 10.66.0.0 255.255.255.0"
- Enable directive for client config dir
If you will have problem with folder name like me add full path
/etc/openvpn/ccd and create this folder.
- Next add route to your client (change Ip address and mask if needed).
route 192.168.4.0 255.255.255.0
- Next you need to create configuration file for client in our case client2. The name is based on client config file name. So if you have
file with name
client99.ovpnthan the name should be
So create file
ccd/client1 with following content
iroute 192.168.4.0 255.255.255.0
This is address of you client’s network and it will tell to the server that the subnet
192.168.4.0/24 should be routed to client1
- route directive controls the routing from kernel to OpenVPN serv via TUN or TAP interface
- iroute controls routing from the OpenVPN server to the remoter clients.
What about more clients?
If you have more clients you want to access eachother’s network you can do this with following directive in server config file
client-to-client push "route 192.168.4.0 255.255.255.0"
This will cause the server advertise our client1’s network to other connected clients. You can add other client’s network if you want.
More iformation you can find Here
This is my 100DaysToOffload 1/100 post.